Avoiding Financial Stress
By asking the right questions, and knowing exactly what your needs are, you can find the right loan for you. There are certain approaches that you can take while mortgage shopping that can cost or save you money.
It is still true that the better qualifications you have, the lower your interest rate will be. However, there are mortgages available for almost everyone; it’s the interest rates or the down payments that vary.
Before speaking with a lender, know what monthly dollar amount you feel comfortable committing to. Then when you discuss mortgage pre-approval with your lender, it is easier for you to determine the monthly amount and what value of home the monthly amount translates into. Do not put yourself in the position where you will be paying more each month than you intended simply because the dream home requires it.
Do your research on the types of mortgages available to you and find the one that best suits your needs. There are a number of considerations to be made in terms of finding the best mortgage for each individual:
- What type of market are you in? Are the interest rates falling or rising?
- Do you want a fixed mortgage rate, where you will always know what your payment is going to be?
- What are your long-term goals? Do you intend to resell the property? Do you only need the mortgage for a short time?
Build a Plan of Action and Get Ready
Buying a home will probably rank as one of the biggest personal investments one can make. Being organized and in control will contribute significantly to getting the best home deal possible with the least amount of stress. It’s important to anticipate the steps required to successfully achieve your housing goal and to build a plan of action that gets you there.
Before you can build a plan of action, take the time to lay the groundwork for your decision-making process.
First, ask yourself how much you can afford to pay for a home. If you’re not sure on the price range, find a lender and get pre-approved. Pre-approval will let you know how much you can afford, allowing you to look for homes in your price range. Getting pre-approved also helps you to alleviate some of the anxieties that come with home buying. You know exactly what you qualify for and at what rate, you know how large your monthly mortgage payments will be, and you know how much you will have for a down payment. Once you are pre-approved, you avoid the frustration of finding homes that you think are perfect, but are not in your price range.
Second, ask yourself where you want to live and what the best location for you and/or your family is. Things to consider:
- convenience for all family members
- proximity to work, school
- crime rate of neighborhood
- local transportation
- types of homes in neighborhood, for example condos, town homes, co-ops, newly constructed homes etc.
For More Adams County, Ohio Information
Contact Steves Realty Today
at (800) 567-5361
Resources and Tools
- Mortgage Calculator and Affordability Calculator
- Elementary and High School Local Information
- Walk Score of Surrounding Areas and Find Local Businesses In The Area
- Home Valuation Graphs and Local Graphs for Real Estate Conditions
- Read more information